Wednesday, May 23, 2012

LUST LIST #2: NEW VINTAGE RECORD CONSOLE



 This ol' soul of mine needs an afternoon where the kids are sitting down & being quiet, the "media naranja"* is occupied with something constructive, no yapping from the dogs, the chickens keep quiet, A really, really, TALL glass of  My Mixture**, my hardback of "I Know This Much Is True" by Wally Lamb, a soft breeze, comfy spot on the outdoor bed, and a stack of good vinyl to play! Oh that would be paradisaical... Music is always the final touch and the sound of my records is ASTOUNDING!!! If only because my taste in music is flawless. To improve on the perfection of my music, one needs an equally impressive machine to play the music on. I'm currently using an adequate Crosley player but "adequate" is not good enough! My LP's deserve only the best and the best is the "Symbol Record Console" . It's a sleek & modern record player that gives a nod to the old school all-in-one console hi-fi's. The Symbol has the brains & brawn. The walnut is warm & dreamy.  The metal base has this industrial chic thing going for it. Did I mention the 2 full range speakers? Or the hidden amp and subwoofer? Oh what about the built-in Wi-Fi? Let us not forget the hand-built tube amplifier and turntable! I love the way it pays homage to the fabulous record players of our past but offers up all the modern touches that make it irresistible. Your Grandma's player couldn't stream from an iPhone, iPad, iPod, or computer! 

*"Media Naranja"-Instead of saying "my other half",  Ticos often refer to their significant other as their "media naranja" or the other half of their orange. Cute huh?

**"My Mixture"- My favorite cocktail of course is a combo of pineapple juice, lemon-lime soda, and rum....lots and lots of rum ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment